Basic Medicare: Part A & Part B
• This is also referred to as original medicare
• This part of Medicare is provided by the federal government & is intended to cover your basic medical care. You will have copayments, coinsurance, & deductibles with this coverage. It is not free.
• Part a: helps pay for hospital stays & inpatient care. Usually there is no monthly premium.
• Part b: helps pay for doctors’ visits & outpatient care. This part has a monthly premium you will have to pay.
• This does not include prescription drug coverage, or other types of coverage such as vision or dental.
• If you don’t enroll in time, you may be charged up to a 10% on your premium as long as you are enrolled in part b.
• You can fill out the form to apply for part B here.
• If you’d like to learn more, please see our original medicare page.