Why sign up now?
- You want to sign up for Medicare as soon as you can in order to avoid penalty costs.
- The sooner you sign up for a plan the more you’ll save on out of pocket expenses from a lack of coverage.
- Most people won’t get everything they need from basic Medicare. What we are here to do is make it clear for you which coverage options work best for you.
Two primary times to sign up
- The first opportunity you have to sign up is in your initial enrollment period. This is a 7-month period that starts 3 months before your 65th birth month and ends on the 3rd month after your 65th birth month. For example, if you were born in January you would be eligible starting in October & ending in April.
- The second opportunity is during open enrollment. This is an annual event starting on October 15th & ending on December 7th. During this time, you can enroll or change your current plan.
- There are also special enrollment periods that vary based on your situation. If you would like to learn more, feel free to give us a call and we’ll see if you qualify.